skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Deeparaya Holz
Guess I've abandoned my blog for a while. ;) Had a great time in Cameron Highlands. Went there with my Penang cg. We spent 3 days and 2 nights there. We rented the whole of Twin Pines ( it's a guest house). And so we had the whole place all to ourselves...Like one big family. We made such a din!!! Fancy children running all over the place and the mummies screaming for their children to stop running...or to wear their shoes... And the children were going up and down the floors in the lift that they got stuck in it several times! And it was funny seeing their helpless faces in the lift. ;P Well, I must say I myself was as fascinated with the lift too the first time I saw it. It had a door which you must swing close yourself...it's four walls were transparent, enabling you to see out of the lift. And it moved in slow motion.
One of the highlights of our stay there was the hike to Robinson Falls. I had the idea that the hike would be just like those I've been before...fallen tree trunks to climb over, roots to step over, steps to climb, muddy paths and what not. However, the path was a simen path...with such a smooth surface that it was so slippery you could almost ice-skate on it! And what was worse...i had my toilet slippers on!!! And it had hardly any grip. I had many near slips...heart attacks... But the sight of the waterfall was breath-taking!!! It was huge!!! And the sound it made... Wow... Simply indescribable... :) Unfortunately, we did not make it to the end of the trail. It was too slippery...and if any of us were to slip and fall at the wrong point of the path...we would end up in the falls. It was an adventure...praise God I did not slip or fall though...never heard of anyone hiking in toilet slippers...and believe me...I wouldn't do that ever again.
We went to many other places as well...the Camelia garden, Multicrop, Fragrance, Kea Farm Market, Strawberry Farm, Step-In, etc. The photo was taken at Multicrop. It was fun..."kai kai-ing"...especially plucking strawberries. We were kinda competing to see who got the biggest and reddest strawberries. It was simply hilarious seeing the look on Bernard's face when he saw the strawberries I had in my basket. "How did you get such big ones???" He exclaimed. And the mothers were shouting to their kids to show them the fruits before they plucked them. "Make sure the strawberries are the colour of your basket," one mother was heard saying. ;)
Another new experience was at Step-In. There, we can pick our own vegetables. My dad wanted to buy four cabbages for Grandma. And so, I had the priviege of plucking them. The lady handed me a knife and chose a great big one for me to cut. Showing me how it was done, I did just as I was told. I was so excited...it was a new experience for me...not having cut cabbage in my life before. However, to my dismay, I saw holes all around the vegetable...and snails crawling all around, not to mention worms wriggling their way deeper into the vegetable as I sawed it off its stem!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! If there was one thing I hated, it was worms!!! I cut the second cabbage with much less enthusiasm in me. Passing the cabbage gingerly to the lady, I kindly told her she could cut the next two cabbages herself. I'd had enough worms for the day!!! Guess I don't qualify for a farmer.
Went to KL to visit Ah Ma, Mak Kor, Wai Leong and Wai hei...not forgetting Whiskey their dog which looks like one of those tissue box holders. Cute lil thing with thick white fur. had a fun time playing with it. :) Well...now I'm back to studying in my hostel...getting ready for my finals. Haven't done much yet I must say.
No comments:
Post a Comment