We had our cg tonight. It was my turn to share the word tonight. Honestly, I always dread the time I have to do the word. It's all b'coz of my shyness. I get all enthusiastic in the begginning...preparing and researching on the topic of the nite. During the cg meeting itself, I would freak out. Even though they are all my friends. No one will ever understand this shyness of mine. It's like...I suddenly don't know what to say...I forget everything I had rehearsed. I have so much more to share but I just try to get over with it. I feel like I'm not doing well and I'm making it boring for everyone. Sometimes I return feeling a tiny bit useless. But my friends would always help me out during the sharing. So it's normally not that bad. :P And cg is the time when we get to dig up all the juicy news.
Friday, October 13, 2006
A Funny Experience
Hmmm...it's 1 am. But I'm still wide awake. Wanna tell ya bout tonight. It was quite...well....what can I say? A new experience? Today's Egypt's Independence Day. Soooo...the Egyptians of UTP organized an Egyptian Dinner. At first, I was quite reluctant to go. But after knowing that so many of our batch were going, I didn't want to miss out. Well, I must say the experience was worth it though. The new tastes and smell... Hmmm...wasn't used to the style of Egyptian cooking. The queue was very long...so we spent our time taking photos first. Unfortunately, I can't upload them now as I haven't gotten them from the camera holders yet. The food consisted of salad...which is one of my favourite dish...soup, potatoes, beef...and more beef. To be truthful, the salad didn't really appeal to me...the sauce was a wee bit bitter. The soup tasted unusual...and I'm not adventurous when it comes to trying out new food....and so...you can guess the expression on my face when I tasted it. ;P And then comes the beef...in one of the dishes, the beef looked quite raw...reddish looking things. And in the other dish, the meat had a funny smell. We also had some history lessons on ancient Egypt...some were interesting...but when they came to the politics part...boy..was I sleepy. I had to keep hiding my yawns.
We had our cg tonight. It was my turn to share the word tonight. Honestly, I always dread the time I have to do the word. It's all b'coz of my shyness. I get all enthusiastic in the begginning...preparing and researching on the topic of the nite. During the cg meeting itself, I would freak out. Even though they are all my friends. No one will ever understand this shyness of mine. It's like...I suddenly don't know what to say...I forget everything I had rehearsed. I have so much more to share but I just try to get over with it. I feel like I'm not doing well and I'm making it boring for everyone. Sometimes I return feeling a tiny bit useless. But my friends would always help me out during the sharing. So it's normally not that bad. :P And cg is the time when we get to dig up all the juicy news. So many of my friends are paktoh-ing already... :( soon I'll be left all alone...so sad... ;P It's the time we share our problems...cry and laugh together. Hmmm...what's more, things said between those four walls stay there. You can be quite sure your secret is safe with us...unless it suddenly decides to slip out unintendedly. :) Well...that's all for now. Oh ya...my dad is coming tomorrow!!!!! Hurray!!! Love ya dad!!! :D
We had our cg tonight. It was my turn to share the word tonight. Honestly, I always dread the time I have to do the word. It's all b'coz of my shyness. I get all enthusiastic in the begginning...preparing and researching on the topic of the nite. During the cg meeting itself, I would freak out. Even though they are all my friends. No one will ever understand this shyness of mine. It's like...I suddenly don't know what to say...I forget everything I had rehearsed. I have so much more to share but I just try to get over with it. I feel like I'm not doing well and I'm making it boring for everyone. Sometimes I return feeling a tiny bit useless. But my friends would always help me out during the sharing. So it's normally not that bad. :P And cg is the time when we get to dig up all the juicy news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment