It's funny why I always oversleep on the very day I'm not supposed to. I guess it's because I hardly sleep on the night before due to sheer excitement. For example, during convo this semester...we were supposed to be at the Chancellor Hall by 6.30 am. Dina and Shareena, the other two violinists (there r 3 of us), woke up at around 7am. They were ready by 7.30 am. Realizing that I was not waiting at my block...they tried calling my mobile phone. But this silly gal turned off her mobile phone on such an important day!!! Fortunately for me...Shareena had just come to my room on the night before. So she knew the way. She knocked and I openned the door. I sat on my bed and starred blankly at her. And that was one of the unfortunate days.
Another was the church camp just this semester. We were supposed to be at the petrol kiosk by 7.30am or so. And 10 mins before that...Elvina came to knock at my room. They were all ready. And I was still in the midst of a very interesting dream! Well...here comes the most funny part...I opened the door and looked at her with my sleepy face. I exclaim,"Oh..shoot!!!" (I don't know where I picked up that phrase from...it just poped out of my mouth.) She asks, " You still sleeping har???" And my answer, "Ya...." (nodding my head). It was only after that that we realized...my answering "ya" when I was fully awake talking to her. We had a great laugh over that many times and I still laugh everytime I remember that moment.
Well...let's get back to the topic. What was I talking about? Oh ya...did I tell you I went to teluk Batik yesterday? It's just 1 hour away from UTP. Surprisingly, I woke up at 5.45am! And I slept at around 3am on the night before. We were making salad. I peeled apples after apples...green...and then red. But of course some of those fruits went into our stomachs on their way to the containers.
I'll just skip those not-so-important parts since it'll take me all night to blog it all down. Well...one funny part was one of the games. We were divided into 6 groups...according to our cg. Oh ya...did I tell you it was a combined cg outing? Called Para-para Lampi day ( lampi meaning lambat pickup) ;P Each group consisted of about 5 to 6 people. We were supposed to think of an animal sound for each group. My group's sound was "kok kok ke"...hokkien for rooster.
Well...we were all blindfolded and scattered around the beach. We were supposed to find our own group by making our animal sounds. Well....everyone started meowing and oo-aa-ing...it sounded like a zoo gone wild!
my cg gals
Another highlight of the day was the bbq. We had barbequed chicken wings specially marinated by Tomi, fish and...the specialty...banana wrapped in bacon topped with honey. :) It was yummy!
Well...I must say it was a wonderful trip eventhough I came back totally exhausted. And...no...there was no tsunami. ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment